2007年7月16日 星期一

Church and Cathedral


The Cathedral square, Christchurch. Also it is the city centre of Chch, usually local people call it "the square."


First I read the city's name, Christchurch , sounds a little bit weird. I looked up wikipedia.org, Christchurch is named after the Christ Church cathedral, I believe the majority population all Christian.

I was cravenly because we don't really teach enough knowledge about Christian culture and I was going to live in a homestay in Chch. I don' have any religion. In Taiwan, the most popular religions are Taoism and Buddhist.

After I've been there and got along with my homestay host in Chch, I figured out advantages of Christian people they are more enthusiastic and kind to others. My host she do volunteer and serve The Cathedral observation twice a month, so I learned from her about "The Cathedral " is the mother of churches, and I went to Cathedral observation for free!

沒有留言: