2007年7月4日 星期三

Watching Movie Spider-man3 Without Subtitle


Is anyone afraid of watching movies?
I did.
You may say :come'on , how's that possible?
I was a moviegoer before, but its really difficult to me to watch movie in New Zealand. Because: No Subtitles! Even no English ones. There is always Chinese when the Hollywood movie is released in Taiwan, and everyone relies on it.

The only time I went to a NZ movie theater, was in Wellington on a rainy day and the movie was Spider-Man 3. This action movie has more special effects and less dialogue which means no-subtitle is not a serious problem. Part of the reason is that my favourite actor Topher Grace is in the movie.

This is the first time Topher Grace got a part in a blockbuster movie. Although he played bad guy and the main point is not him, I believe this film made big progress in his career.

Spiderman 3's main story focus on the triangle relationship between spiderman, his best friend, and the girl M.J. However with the sad ending, his best friend dies for him, Spiderman is no longer an image of hero, I don't really appreciated this story.

Nevertheless, I did not regret going to the theater for it. Becasue, for the fist time in my life, I can understand almost 90% dialogue and whole story in English without subtitles--It is a great accomplishment for me and I will definitely remember this film forever!!!

沒有留言: